Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I connect to people around me?

I live in a town far from my family and am having serious problems enjoying life and motivating myself, from basic daily routine to very important engagements. I'm convinced it's because I have absolutely no social community.





I love chess. There is a club in a town 30 miles away, but it only meets weekly and I am a poor college student who would have trouble budgeting that gas money in (I suppose with some real sacrifices it could be done). Strategic board games are also a passion of mine, but most prefer shorter games requiring less thought. Every so often I can get a group together to play Risk, etc. and chill. Oh, also, I'm getting good at the jazz clarinet and there is a local band I play with. But tips are crap and even then, gigs are infrequent.





I don't have a family member, friend or girlfriend that I feel like really know me, or connect with me at all. I desperately want to feel connected with others, to see and feel motivation and passion for life. Suggestions?How can I connect to people around me?
College is naturally a great place to meet people. If there is not chess club, perhaps you can start one on campus. Seek out classes with interaction, such as dance or languages or theater. You can sit in on classes at the end of the year to see how they seem before you sign up.





You sound a little depressed. If you need real help, seek counseling at the college for free. Beyond that, try to be upbeat, say hi to people you see in classes and eventually you will make friends!





Good luck!How can I connect to people around me?
Keep an open mind to your surroundings. Be brave and make yourself availabe to others. Lend an ear for support to others. Make small talk with people. Do things you never done before. Be confident with yourself. Good luck!
You should find out a hobby for yourself, on which you can spend your spare time. YA is one of it.
then search the internet website like myspace, friendster or multiply............it's y their made, to connect people w each other
Just talk to ppl at college etc and try to mnake conversation with ppl.

No comments:

Post a Comment