Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I connect to people when we have nothing in common?

Most people my age prefer watching Hollywood blockbusters and vapid comedies. I like foreign films and obscure character pieces. Everyone listens to popular music. I like experimental rock, classical, and jazz. Everyone has crushes on boy hearthrobs and macho men. I have crushes on middle aged Irish and British actors. Everyone goes out to get wasted at the bar. I attempt to extrapolate a pattern for a 1913 cocoon coat. I have nothing to talk about with people my age. Most of them don't talk to me. They'll ask me what I did on the weekend. I'll answer that I watched La Reine Margot and just get a blank stare. I love my little passions, but can't find anyone like me!. I'm 22 and have just graduated universityHow can I connect to people when we have nothing in common?
You're an individual instead of a member of the herd,with your


own tastes. Nothing wrong with that. Still,it can't hurt to learn


about the things your peers are interested in,so that you'll be


able to talk to them about it. Then you can get to know them


as people,and they can get to know you.How can I connect to people when we have nothing in common?
Stop trying to find people who resemblence you. Hang with a more indie crowd. Though it is highly unlikely you will find someone with the exact same interests as you, it is easy to notice that indie people, meaning those standing out of a crowd be it by appearance or special behavior (not in the retarded way), are more intersted in what you do and wanting to learn more. Special people love special people.





Reading back, this sounds weird, and sort of 'tarded. Forgive my english, if that's the fault.
You can't connect, because you don't want to. You are expressing a desire to connect with someone your own age, yet throughout your question you are insulting those people you are trying to connect with. You even make sure to state that you have crushes on middle aged actors, unlike ';everyone else'; who has crushes on macho men. It is blatantly obvious that you are trying to sound more mature than your peers; however, the act of writing a complaint about those people is immature, as is the fact that you are letting them affect your life. You are not affecting theirs at all. If you want to connect with those poeple stop trying to be so different and just make a transition or change in your life. No one would think it was wierd for you to do so and you may feel more comfortable going back to how you first started off as a younger kid when you were more connective with society. Or you can think that the only way that you have ever heard experimental rock, classical, and jazz is because other people like it. My friend has an experimental rock band and although I do not chill with that group, I know it exists and I'm still friends with the kid who is. That just shows that there are other people like you that for some reason want to act disenfranchised with the universe and that even if you don't hold common hobbies or ideas with somebody you can still bond with them if you open yourself up and not have to wind yourself down a spiraling path of wierdness and end up smoking cloves out of one of those Cruella DeVille cigarette holders. I am 22 and am guessing by the way you said graduated university you are not from America. You sound interesting to me. im me deanmf@aol.com don't email me at this yahoo address
Sounds as if your stuck in the movie Son in Law...


(Hollywood blockbuster)








I wouldn't rule out or broadly generalize the people who might not share every interest, trust me it's easier in certain situations to be friendly and excepting of people. I was home schooled through high school, ya so I don't belong to the same church but I know that by studying and working with people together we all share a common goal %26amp; interest.





Join a book club or meet people online, like a Tammy Fay message board. Sometimes even the most uncommon stranger can be enjoyable and provide another view on life.
it's called unique and stick w/ your uniqueness. my hubby is a man who likes classical music, does not hang out at the clubs or Starbuck, doesnt shopping, doesnt have a bunch of friends --b/c he chooses it that way--, doesnt talk 'bout Britney Spears or football/basketball, or any ball for that matter ;-) doesnt need to show off anything---he sticks to his gun and so far no one can destroy his passion --the seemingly 'classic' yet relaxed lifestyle!!! and i'm madly in love w/him so far (it's been 8 years already).





so the point is, stay true to yourself and do what u do as long as it's healthy. healthy - that's all u need to care, whether u r by yourself or with some so-called friends. u cant force your friends and you friends cant force u either.





eventually, someone will find u well. live it up and have fun-- no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment