Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I can't connect with people?

I'm having difficulties forming meaningful and lasting relationships with people. I'm a 21 year old sophomore in college and haven't had any good friends since the 8th grade when my best friend moved away.





I'm generally a nice person, and I don't believe I lack social skills. I make ';in-class'; friends every semester with a few people in my classes. But the friendships only stay in class and only last until the end of the semester.





So I suppose I'm just looking for some suggestions on how to make some genuine friends. I don't really put myself out there a lot. My schedule usually consists of: wake up, go to school, go home, rinse and repeat. On the weekends I only leave my apartment to wash my clothes and go grocery shopping (lol, sad i know).I can't connect with people?
You're starting the engine, it's just not engaging. I have a lot of in class friends whom of which I never, and probably will never, hang out outside of school, but that's only because neither of us make the notion. Ask your in class friend to a concert or a movie sometime, I don't doubt that they'll agree. You're connecting with people just not on the level that you're hoping for and that's because you're not taking the insinuative. I have a lot of friends but my problem lacks in the connection because I am an emotionally detached person so connecting with people on personal levels is challenging for me. You need to take the step to higher, more personal discussions like their beliefs in god, or what you're both passionate about. Just try to make plans with someone new (or the same) once a week at least for now, make it something exciting and worthwhile now so that when there's nothing to do but watch t.v. all day they'll still sit around with you.I can't connect with people?
its getting hard in this day and age to make long lasting relationships. without going into to much and boring you, the first thing you need to understand is that for a long lasting relationship to go the distance loyalty and respect plays a big part. also sometimes in life we are not meant to have those sorts of relationships all the time because subconsciously we also like to challenge to ourselves and be strong be ourselves ( not forever just for a period of time). and dont forget this is normal at this age many people are still trying to find themselves and some dont have a clue. as you get older people will mature, and so will you and a long lasting relationship will form i promise it! hope all that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment