Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How Can I Get Myself To Be Able to Connect With People And Share Emotions?

i cant share my feelings with anyone. i try but i dont know how to talk. anything that has anything to do with emotions i cant say. i want to share stories and feelings with frineds but i cant. when a friend tells me a problem they have how do i connect with them and make them feel good.


i always had this problem.


but my friend. like my only ture actual friend who i love with my heart is hurting sooo bad. his mom died.... i dont know what to say. i want to say something. he is hurting so bad and watching him like that is breaking my heart. he is the only one that is there for me and i dont know how to talk to him. he tries to talk to me. i just dont speak. i dont have a clue to say.


he'll say her funeral is tomorrow.. what do i say?


it hurts...what do i say?


i miss her....what do i say?


what do i say to him?


how can i connect emotionally with people?How Can I Get Myself To Be Able to Connect With People And Share Emotions?
Connecting emotionally with other people can be difficult and not everyone can do it. It's all about listening, asking questions and being supportive. Try and think how you would feel in that person's shoes and how you would like to be responded to. Often, just showing support and having a shoulder to cry on is the best thing for someone that is hurting. For you to show emotions to others, start small with family and friends. If something is said you don't like, then tell them. Start small and practice.





With your friend, I am sorry to hear about his mum. Losing a loved one is the worst pain possible. There really isn't much you can say. As a close friend, he won't want to here, I'm sorry or I'm here. He will hear that from everyone else and I am sure he knows you are there for him. Listen to him, you don't necessarily have to say anything. Give him a hug and maybe remind him of how much his mum will always love him.


Are you going to the funeral with him? If not, maybe offer to go with him. Let him know it's ok to cry and show how much he hurts. All you can do is listen and be equipped with a box of Kleenex. You'll be surprised how a simple gesture like a box of Kleenex is helpful.





Good luck.How Can I Get Myself To Be Able to Connect With People And Share Emotions?
try to relate his problems with something you've gone through, or something real, like yo im here for you or something
sometimes it helps to just listen

No comments:

Post a Comment