Friday, August 20, 2010

In general, do you feel connected to people?

I am amazed that people can move to a new area and seem connected to people. It took me a long time to feel a connection and I still feel like an outsider looking in a lot of the times.





I have known some people a long time and just thought they always lived in this area and had family. When I found out they didn't and weren't from around here I was amazed at how connected to the community they seemed. Like they were at home.





I will always feel to connected to my original home and family.





It's an effort to feel connected to my new community even though I have been here many, many years.





I have a lot of friends here. I volunteer in the community, go to a church, associate and go out with many people in the area. But, I don't feel like I have any best, true deep down friends.





But, I still don't feel a huge connection with people. Even though I do all these things and I am accepted, I still feel like I am on the outside looking in.





Is this normal or not?In general, do you feel connected to people?
Not sure if it's normal, but I'm the same way. I have difficulty making friends because of it. I always feel like I'm somewhere watching myself. I think it happens to all of us at times. It should get better...In general, do you feel connected to people?
Strangers scare me too.
Yeah, that is my biggest flaw in life. I become connected to fast, and i tell them to much about me at once. I am too trusting of people. I find one thing that we have in common, then off my mouth runs. I need to do something about that.
It is ';normal'; for YOU!! And that's fine. Our birthplace is important to some of us. Personally, I can travel the world but my home is in one city in one state because I grew up there. Do you want to feel more at home where you are, because I believe that Will come with Time. It sounds like you are investing much of yourself there and I bet it pays off at some point too!! Good Luck!! @8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment