Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's so difficult to connect with people at my college?

i do talk to people and say hi, etc. but i sit at lunch and dinner alone. like i dont know what to do. i'm interested in a lot of stuff like sports and shopping, but im not that outgoing, but i like outgoing people. i feel like im overshadowed bc of this. like how can i start connecting with people and having meaningful friendships? how can i not be so shy and reserved





http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/鈥?/a>





http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/鈥?/a>It's so difficult to connect with people at my college?
it just takes time. i''m the same way, and this is my first year at college. i'm assuming your living there... i'm not. so its kinda hard for me to make friends and meet people outside of my classes. you just have to give it time and find that group of people that you will be friends with. have dinner with your roomate, ask someone else if they'd like to go to dinner. if anyone from your hs is there, start by asking them...maybe they'll bring someone you can meet. make sure to get yourself out there by going to social events, and even just talking to the person next to you in class. i'm in the same situation and i've noticed that i've made some progress in the short time i've been to school. i've met more people, made small talk with others before the start of class (try doing that if you haven't already)





before you know it you'll have lots of friends... they just don't come overnight. don't worry about it.


do a sport ! great way to meet people! good luck.It's so difficult to connect with people at my college?
I used to have the same problem until people we did groups in class that forced me to talk to people. That's how I met my b-friend I have now. Don't worry, they have alot of group exercises in college classes so your bound to meet people through these.





good luck!
It really takes time, I was like u for a year., so try asking someone u talk to in class about their schedule..oh like what time do u eat lunch, do u want to go together..try studying in groups that usually connects u with different ppl...

No comments:

Post a Comment