Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I feel like I cant connect with people anymore?

I've been feeling very awkward around people at school. I barely have anyone I can call a friend. I can't seem to connect well with others. Im a senior in highschool. I NEVER have anything to say to people. This bothers me so much, I don't understand how some people can talk and talk and crack jokes and laugh and Im just so boring and never have anything to say.ever. I've been feeling very depressed and outcasted at school. What should I do to change this? How do you all make friends? Sometimes I have disturbing thoughts of ways I could end it quickly. I have no goals, no future. Im completely worthlessI feel like I cant connect with people anymore?
STOP!!! You are so wrong about no future. You have a bright future you just don't realize it yet. The sky is the limit. You are a senior one of the hardest times in your life because you are now coming out of the box which has been the norm for you for the last 12-13 years. If you go to college or get a job you will be meeting new people every day. Join a group that has an interest that you share or do something like volunteer at the nearest hospital or soup kitchen. children need to be read to everyday, sometimes people just need someone to say hello. You can meet people and talk. By meeting new people with interest that are the same, you will make friends. Also, sometimes to snap ourselves out of feeling low we need to find someone lower and help them to help ourselves. No one is worthless just lost and the moment. Your future is bright just find you star and hold on tight.I feel like I cant connect with people anymore?
Do something that interests you,find a hobbie.To tell you the truth,i used to have alot of friends and i was a player.My life took a turn.I couldnt trust my friends anymore,because some stabbed me in the back.One of my freinds decieved me,another scammed me for money.Now i cannot trust anyone and it bothers me.I feel worthless my self.But i pass the time and make my self feel useful by working out or playing the piano.Really all you need is one good friend.You can never blame your self for how you feel.Its not your fault trust me.
help me plz http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100105164615AAR55Tz
You can't.
make sure your connector is working properly
You have to have at least one person you can hang around with.





When that person is in a group of friends, just jump in.. (Don't butt in, then it seems kind of obnoxious.) Be subtle, don't try and steal all the thunder.


When given an opportunity, contribute to the conversation. If you never get the chance, just laugh along with others. It'll make then feel like you're part of the group. If they don't like you being around there, just move along. Find someone else to hang around.





If you can't do this, just say 'Hi!' to people you know. Give them a smile, wave, and walk away. People like to hang around a happy person.


It'll make people remember you, and maybe their friends might want to know who you are.








Get yourself social again, that's the main thing you need to focus on.
Have you heard of the self fulfilling prophecy? If you think you're a loser then you will be a loser. You have to think like a winner and get your self confidence in order.





How do you do this?


1. Focus on what you're great at . (School, hobbies, foreign language, playing an instrument etc)


2. Sign up for a class outside of school at the local community college or join some community group based on interests you have. If you don't have any, start calling the community center or your local gym to find out what kind of classes are available.


3. READ- READ- READ!!!!! Read books (classics, current events and news papers)


4. Set some goals for yourself





In order to be interesting, you have to be knowledgable. If you don't know jack, then no one will want to talk to you. I wouldn't want to talk to you either if you had no goals, no dreams or opinions about anything. If you're a senior then you obviously MUST have opinions about plenty of things. So start expressing them. Dont' worry about how to do it the ';right way'; just start talking and you'll learn on your own. You have to help yourself if you want to get out of this rut.





If it's something serious bothering you such as a major life changing event (loss of a loved one or change in home life) you should talk to your parents or a guidance counselor to see if you can get some counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment