Monday, August 16, 2010

I just cant connect with people anymore , why?

I realy like and love people but im very insecure around people, though i cannot show it physicaly and great at hiding my deep inner feelings and good at smiling through tribulations, I constantly struggle with thoughts such as,.... acceptance, how do they jugde me?, can they trust me, can i trust them, is that a real friend of mine?, ....i live in a condition in which I am always ready to accept rejection, that way i dont care, and i start to worry more when people claim they like me.





However I only seem to connect with a certain type of people, non jugdemental,very happy, little stress people. I do have friends who know me realy well, but what about the rest of the world..i just want to be able to connect with general people without having to even know each others names.I just cant connect with people anymore , why?
Hey, you connect with those happy ppl b/c they are oblivious to how you feel. They just assume you are OK and they see you that way. And they're easier to like, right?





As to your other questions, its really just the opposite if you give it some thought. Its not whether they like you (tho thats easier to admit). Its whether you like them.


You even give yourself the clue that you'd like to not have to remember names.


You'll connect better when you decide you really want to. You'll be able to truly be interested in the details of their lives and it will make you feel better to focus on others rather than yourself in situations. When you make up your mind to give these ppl names and faces and really see them, you'll know how to connect to individuals.I just cant connect with people anymore , why?
Wow, I could have swore I was reading my own thoughts for a second there...





I know exactly how you feel. It seems like people are colder once you graduate from college. It's not true with everyone... but it's definitely harder to connect with people. I also am really insecure, I'm ALWAYS wondering what people think of me, I torture myself with those thoughts ALL the time. I also try to prepare myself for rejection. I expect to be abandoned by everyone. But that doesn't make it any easier when it happens. I also have a few close friends.





I think the problem is, maybe you always wait for people to come to you. You should try reaching out to others more. Volunteer at a food pantry, go to church, put yourself out there a bit more. Get to know the people at work. I struggle with this too, but I'm trying to force myself to be more friendly with people. I'm very dependent on people, so it's hard when I only have a few connections to rely on.





I don't know what else you could do. It takes a lot of ambition to reach out to people.
I am the same way. It's really hard for me to trust people and what they say.


I'm able to pretend I don't care what people think even though it really bothers me and I hate when people make fun of me even if they're just playing.


I don't have any real close friends because of that. I say I have a best friend but I don't trust her like she trust's me.


There is one girl who I really connected with on friend level when I was thizzin'(on ecstacy) because I found out she is just like me but we don't really hang out unless we're on some kind of drug.


Also I've never had a real boyfriend because I feel like guys lie and can't be trusted(i'm 16). I've talked to guys but it seems like all they wanna do is **** and they don't really want me for me.


I also gravitate to the same kind of people: Funny, happy, and people who just dont judge people on sight.


I wish to do the same thing but don't want to get hurt.
I was struck by your ';additional details'; because I used to think the same way, that people are hostile now and that the world just isn't as much fun, but one day I realized that this comes from within ourselves. No matter what is going on out there in the world, just take one day to smile and say hello and make eye contact with everyone you see. Strike up a conversation in the grocery store. I think the real issue is that people are becoming more and more isolated spending more time in front of computers and TV's instead of socializing and as a result, they are also having trouble connecting. Make the first move! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment