Friday, August 20, 2010

I go to a party college, everyone drinks, I don't. How do I connect with people? Get a boyfriend?

I've asked this question before and have taken your guys' advice.


I have joined clubs. I have even joined a community service fraternity, and poor naive little me thought people who wanted to do comm. serv. wouldn't be drunks.


But they are. Some of them were hungover when we did an event this morning.





What do I do? I don't hate people who drink, I just hate thrusting myself into the party lifestyle when I feel like an awkward loser. I just DON'T want to drink.





AND SERIOUSLY EVERYONE HERE DOES.





What do I do? It's so annoying. I want to transfer.I go to a party college, everyone drinks, I don't. How do I connect with people? Get a boyfriend?
What's wrong with a drink or two? It's not like you're gonna become a binge drinker or anything!I go to a party college, everyone drinks, I don't. How do I connect with people? Get a boyfriend?
I would just get my dixie cup and sprite and mingle around until I found other people that didnt drink. If someone is like ';Come on do a shot!!!';, I'd just be like ';No thanks I have a drink!! cheers!';, Im sure there has to be other people that dont drink either. Just look for the person rolling their eyes at all the embarrassing drunks!!
you could always have a drink in your hand.


if they don't wanna socialize with you because you don't drink, then they arent your real friends
The people who are into athletics should not be drinkers.


Your just stuck with the wrong group of people.
Change your mind about drinking, and your life will improve.
You don't have to baby, list your number and let's get this thing started.
Hmm,





Wow, going to a college party and not expecting people to drink is like going to McDonalds and hoping no one orders fries.





You may want to consider only going to parties of folks that do not drink or only go to university run events. Consider joining a professional frat/sorority and only attend their professional events because many of them drink too as you have noted. Also consider joining the student alumni club or student government. Transferring won't help. Most American 4 year institutions are the same way.








Now..


If you just HAVE to be at regular college parties and be in the drinking environment then I suggest...





A) walking around with a cup of orange juice. Drunk people will assume its a screwdriver


Sprite works well too.


B) Tell folks that you are the DD. This works great.


C) Hold a drink even if you are not drinking it. Do this only if you have the will power to not cave and go against your anti-drinking values.








Regarding getting a BF, you're on your own with that. I suggest changing up your dress style to better suit your type and loosening up a bit. Don't hold your potential partner to the same no drinking standard that you hold yourself too. If you are a freshman, calm down. You will grow into a college girls' body, find yourself and then boys will flock to you.





EDIT: PS, I agree with Scilla. You also could just have a drink or two. Most that drink are not alcoholics. You might actually find a drink you can deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment