Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I avoid making people feel stupid when I talk to them?

I don't know if it's my vocabulary. I try not to be too quick to correct people. For some reason when I'm talking to someone, they feel dumb because of something I say. I have been conscious of it, but I'm still not connecting with people! I don't want to talk down to them, but if I try to be ';normal'; suddenly it sounds like I really am talking down.








P.S. I'm not trying to flatter myself. My boyfriend of 2.5 years actually told me that I do this sometimes.How do I avoid making people feel stupid when I talk to them?
i actually have a friend like you.. =) she always tend to correct me everytime she will notice something wrong..but usually, she always correct me when it comes to my grammar %26amp; pronounciation..funny huh..hehee..but the good thing about her, is that everytime she will do that, she also makes herself look funny..try to do that..just let them feel that you're not being rude, when you correct them..and also always think first before you talk..always render things in a good %26amp; positive way..try to avoid sounding like you're rude or something..and always be sensitive to the feelings of others..How do I avoid making people feel stupid when I talk to them?
Hmm..well you can't help but be smart right?I say talk the way you talk...but don't correct people unless they want to be corrected.I'm sure you will find people who are smart like you to talk to.Its not your fault your so smart..but with the people you think you make feel dumb..even newly met people..try to talk less and listen to them.I usually have very good advice but for some reason I couldn't think of much this time.Hope I helped you.
Be arware of your audience and the vocabulary you are using and don't use words the person you are talking to won't understand. If you are so smart, I'm sure you can be that sensitive.
adults : talk the way you always do, they will respect you





ppl ur age: tone it down a bit, not everyone is as smart as you. ppl may see you as '; a nerd'; or depend too much on you. be funny, it helps





little kids : go ahead and use your vocab, they probably will look up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment