Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I connect to people when we have nothing in common?

Most people my age prefer watching Hollywood blockbusters and vapid comedies. I like foreign films and obscure character pieces. Everyone listens to popular music. I like experimental rock, classical, and jazz. Everyone has crushes on boy hearthrobs and muscle men. I have crushes on middle aged Irish and British actors. Everyone goes out to get wasted at the bar. I attempt to extrapolate a pattern for a 1913 cocoon coat. I have nothing to talk about with people my age. Most of them don't talk to me. They'll ask me what I did on the weekend. I'll answer that I watched La Reine Margot and just get a blank stare. I love my little passions, but can't find anyone like me!. I'm 22 and have just graduated universityHow can I connect to people when we have nothing in common?
Don't make so many assumptions there are always more things we have in common than we have different. We just need to make the effort to find them.How can I connect to people when we have nothing in common?
i wish i was a British actor, would it help if i spoke with a British accent, at 22 you know more than me, i think i once saw a La Reine Margot film, and i haven,t extrapolated since i can,t remember when, but it sounds fascinating, a cocoon coat,


best i can offer you is an ungraduated actor looking type who will speak with a British accent at your command, oh, don,t necessarily try to connect with those you have nothing in common with,
It may be that while you're obviously intelligent and sophisticated, you need to branch out a bit to be more mainstream. For instance, join something like the Sierra Club, and go hiking with a group. Then you'll have at least that in common with the people you're with.





In other words, meet people half way.
Keep looking to find someone that likes similar things that you do. You might spread your wings a little so that you can understand others a little, then ask them to try to understand yours. Try to be a little more open minded, it's fun and makes you a more well rounded person.





Good luck!
You are very unique and you should be proud of that. I'm sure you'll find someone who has similar likes as you. Also many people befriend others who are completely opposite or not even close to how they are like.
Join groups that you enjoy and you will meet people with the same interest. You can find groups on Craigs List %26amp; other sites or maybe even post a ad for friends on Craigs List, but be careful and alert. Good luck!!!
there has to be a Foreign film theater or group or something near you. Start there.
I would also like the answer to this question.





I like strange and philosophical short novels, jazz fusion and progressive music. I dont drink and smoke. And i dont enjoy bars or clubs. I play classical guitar songs and love the old steamworks movies. Most modern comedies I find incredibly boring and I wonder what is funny about them. I like alot of ';b side'; movies, independent films and 1970s films.





Im 20 and work as an engineer for a company where I dont really get along with anyone (which is ok since most of the work is by myself drving long distances).





I find it hard to agree with alot of people (opinion and view wise I have alot of ';alternative'; ideas), I dont like having opinions pushed on me or pushing my opinions on anyone else.





btw, I dont want to meet people ';half way';. Why would I do something boring? Its just selling yourself out and making yourself hollow if you give in and do what everyone else is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment