Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How come my xbox can't connect to people when I got a new modem not router?

Okay I recent got AT%26amp;T as a new ISP and before that I had cox communications and had a linksys router and still do. I checked the modem ip setting page and there is no way to forward ports on the modem itself. With AT%26amp;T I got the modem alone and not the modem and router together. I fowarded all the ports on the router for xbox live and still have problems connecting to people. I think it's with the modemHow come my xbox can't connect to people when I got a new modem not router?
Cox is a cable company, and therefore provide cable internet. ATT is a phone company, and therefore provides DSL internet. Cable and DSL are very different. With DSL, you need to set your router for PPPoE. Did you do that?How come my xbox can't connect to people when I got a new modem not router?
You don't say what 'problems' you have 'connecting to people'.





If these problems are intermittent then they are nothing to do with modem-routing and more likely due to connection. But you don't say what the problems are exactly?





You might need to elaborate a little?
You are probably right. Most likely, the modem has a built-in router that you need to disable.
modems have no ports. The modem can't be the issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment