Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why can't I connect with people anymore?

Here's my story. I used to be very close with a group of friends, and many people liked me a lot. I used to be so funny, so I think my humour may have let them in quite easily. I remember people always telling me ';everyone likes you';. That ';connection'; or feeling people feel when they know they are friends with someone, I had felt it very strongly with many people and even more strongly with my group of friends.





I am not like this anymore, and I don't know why I can't become like this again. I believe this ability to connect with people so well started to fade when I lost weight about 3 years ago. It wasn't intentional--i didn't know I wasn't eating enough. Anyway, I became very self-conscious and worrisome about what my friends thought about the way I looked. I really liked my new body, and for some reason, I felt like I had to be very careful not to gain weight or go back to looking like I did. This fear that was on my mind contributed to me not wanting to meet up with my friends. I've never explained to them what happened and how I feel either, even to this day.





I'm not sure if you understand what I mean by this ';connection'; or feeling I used to share with so many people, because I believe that you may not realize you have it until its gone. But anyway, if you know what I'm talking about...why can't I establish this connection with people anymore, and more importantly, how did I lose this connection with my group of friends?Why can't I connect with people anymore?
i have to tell you that while i cant help you with your problem, i have become the same way. i was in a cheerleader in high school had tons of friends everyone liked me. i was with the same guy and all his friends liked me. i was just easy to get along with.





i moved away for college and i dont know why but 4 years later, i have 2 friends. i work alot, but for some reason i now have a hard to meeting and finding true friends. this effects me so much when i go back home. its like i dont know how to be in front of my friends now. im constantly wondering what people are thinking about me. i used to be so funny %26amp;%26amp; now i feel like im not. i hate it..!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment